Search

11 November 2016

Perspectives

I read something recently, and it's completely changed my perspective on life. Firstly, if you have a family you can go home to who are going to care about you, your problems aren't as big as you might think.
Secondly, everything seems pointless now. All I'm doing everyday is school, and all school does is give you a better future. But that future might not even exist. Right now, while I'm sat here writing this, something could kill me. I could be dead in 5 seconds, and then that's it. The majority of my life spent fighting for a future that might not exist. If I had more freedom and things were easy, I'd just go and do more things which are actually going to have an impact on the world. You don't need maths to change someone's life. Right now, while I'm sat here writing this, I could be going the extra mile to help someone. Even if we're not close. I could have a really positive impact on someone's life. My perspective on this type of stuff used to be that I wasn't good enough too help anyone, but now, that seems pretty selfish. Being too absorbed in your own issues and insecurities to even try to help someone, or find out more about them if you're worried about them. Because I guarantee, if you really, really try, no matter what insecurities or anxieties you have, there's always going to be a way you can help someone.
Thirdly, you should never, ever, assume anything about anyone's life. You'll never even know half of someone's story. Even if you've been inseparable your whole life, everyone has secrets, and some of them might be a lot bigger than you think. It doesn't matter how well you think you know someone's life, you should never think you know anything about it, because the only full story you'll ever known is your own. And you probably don't even know the full story for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment