Search

5 November 2016

Nerves

I have a no-big-deal trampolining competition tomorrow, and I'm nervous. Not only for the actual routine- which I can't really do- but also because of the amount of inevitable awkward moments. For a start, I've seen the group registers, and I'm against someone I used to know but haven't spoken to for about 3 years. I would just be hoping that it's someone else with the same name, but their first and second name are both really unusual, so the chances of that happening are pretty slim. Then there's the before and after of the performing: sitting in a crowded, loud hall (hell) with nothing to do for an hour, then lining up in alphabetical order between the 2 warm ups and 2 performances, which means trying not to make yourself seem like a social wreck and attempting to avoid embarrassment while making small talk with whoever you get put next to. Which will be even more awkward this year as I've met 3 of the 5 people I'm competing against, but only once or briefly. Luckily, my friend Daisy, who I train with, has the same times as me, so although I'm in NDP2 U15 and she's in NDP2 U13, we'll arrive and compete at the same.
I thought I'd take this opportunity to point out some of the rules of the trampolining world:
-Points deducted for wearing gym shorts or leggings over your leotard, even if they're designated trampolining shorts.
-Points deducted for wearing socks that aren't plain white (why?)
-Points deducted for doing the wrong amount of jumps at the start of the routine.
-Points deducted for not waiting exactly 3 seconds at the start and end of the routine.

So that's what I've got myself into.
On the upside, I'm going to a fireworks display tonight, so you can expect me to be rambling about that tomorrow. It should be fun, I'll probably be a loner in the corner with my camera, but oh well, there's food. There's also a pretty nice sunset outside my window right now, which is making me very happy.

See you soon :)

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment